NFHS is committed to protecting your privacy. All disclosures of information from you to NFHS are voluntary, and by accessing our Sites or Apps, otherwise using our Services, or sending us information, you consent to our information practices.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use the information we collect.
- How we may disclose information we collect.
- Promotions, rewards programs and other programs.
- Your Rights and Choices.
- Information Security.
- Privacy of information about minors.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We receive and store information, including personal information, about you and your use of our Services. This information is gathered in a number of ways, including when you enter it on one of our Sites and from interactions with our Services. We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you or can reasonably be used to uniquely identify you. “Non-Personal Information” is all other information—it does not identify you. When you interact with us, we may ask you to supply us with Personal Information so that we can provide, enhance and personalize our Services and marketing efforts. We may combine the Personal Information you provide us with publicly available information about you as well as information from other sources.
Information from You
We may collect information directly from you in a number of ways including through a Site or App or if you call or email us (e.g., by calling customer service or emailing us your resume). Some of our Services require you to become a member or otherwise sign up for an account (an “Account”). When you do, we’ll collect Personal Information like your name, email, credit card number, address, phone number and other information. If you want to take advantage of any public sharing features we may offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible profile, which may include your name and photo and other information. The type of information that you provide to us will vary depending on the reason for the disclosure and Service provided, but may include things like:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and mobile number.
- User name (which may be your email address), password and security information to help us identify you.
- Age and date of birth.
- Other demographic information such as gender, job information, and zip code.
- Your preferences, such as favorite schools you would like to follow or preferred channels on a Site or App.
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive.
- Search queries.
- Payment and identity verification information, such as a credit card number and related information.
- Contact information about others that you choose to provide (e.g., to refer a friend).
- Correspondence, images or other media you send to us.
- Comments or information that you leave on a Site, in an App, or in a profile that are publicly visible.
Information from Other Entities
We also may receive information from other entities. Some of our Services may involve obtaining information from other entities such as credit reporting agencies, media companies, or companies that provide services or products to you such as devices or mobile device apps. In the case of some Services, we may receive this information based on an express or implied consent from you. In other cases, we may receive information that is publicly available.
Information from Your Use of our Services
We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). NFHS may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Account.
- Log information. When you use our Services or view content provided by NFHS, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our Service.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Sites you visited before and after visiting our Site.
- cookies and other technology that may uniquely identify your browser or your Account (more information about cookies is below).
- Interests and favorites. We collect data about your interests and favorites, such as the Services you use most often, information from your responses to questions, apps that you use, and teams you follow and other subjects or areas of interest to you. In addition to those you explicitly provide, your interests and favorites also may be inferred or derived from other data we collect.
- Content. We collect the content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the Services you use. For example, if you provide us video, images or other media for sharing with others, we need to collect the content of that file or information to display it and store it. We also collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback, surveys and reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
- Location information. When you use a location-enabled Service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We also may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers. Certain Services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that Service or when that Service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage. We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML5) and application data caches.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
As you interact with our Services, we and our service providers may place cookies and other technologies on your system. In general, these technologies can make the Internet more useful by storing information and other useful information about your preferences on a particular system. They can show us, for example, popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information that can be used to improve, operate and monitor our Site and other aspects of our Services.
We use “cookies” and other web technologies to collect information and support certain features of our Sites. A "cookie" is a small file that does not contain Personal Information and is saved on your computer or mobile device. Cookies help improve your user experience and allow us to analyze our Sites and manage our advertising.
Our cookies help to give you faster access to pages you already have visited, allow you to personalize your pages, and allow us to customize our offerings. Cookies also help you to participate in some activities or events on our Sites and can keep track of items in your shopping cart or Account.
The section below regarding your choices and rights will discuss your ability not to accept cookies. Please note that if you do not accept cookies or the other technologies described in this section, some features, activities or Services may not be available to you.
Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects ("LSOs"), are used with Adobe® Flash® Player. LSOs act like cookies in that they store information to provide you with a more customized experience, but LSOs can store complex data that cookies cannot, and LSOs are not deleted or rejected if you set your browser to delete or reject cookies. Although browser settings will not allow you to manage LSOs, you may be able to manage them in other ways.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags or Clear GIFs
We also may use other technology, called web beacons, pixel tags or clear GIFs, to provide us with other important anonymous information, such as when an e-mail has been opened. Companies that advertise on our Sites may place web beacons in their ads to help develop statistics on the effectiveness of advertising at our Sites. We do not control web beacons in third party ads.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information we collect from you for a number of purposes and in a number of ways.
- We will use it for any purpose indicated at the time it is collected, e.g., if you enter a contest, we may use your information to contact you about the contest; if you purchase a Service, we use the information to supply the Service; if you sign up for a newsletter, we will use the information to send you the newsletter; if you send us a work application, we may review the application to assist in making hiring decisions.
- We may use information we collect from you (alone or combined with other information) to better provide Services, improve our Sites, understand your needs, improve our products, manage content and advertising, send you offers and information, make Service recommendations, maintain site security, comply with law, protect intellectual property, and measure the effectiveness of our Services. For example, certain content or advertising may be connected to particular Site pages or videos or otherwise connected to your use of the Services.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
NFHS is committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
With Your Consent
With your consent, we may share your Personal Information with third-party business partners and others included within your consent.
Authorized Third-Party Service Providers
We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services such as customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our Services. For example, we may share information with partners that analyze data regarding sports performance, provide applications and services such as automatic calendaring, ticket processing or email-related services.
Co-Branded Partners are third parties with whom we may jointly offer a service or feature. You can tell when you are accessing a service offered by a Co-Branded Partner because the Co-Branded Partner's name will be featured prominently. You may be asked to provide information about yourself to register for a service offered by a Co- Branded Partner. In doing so, you may be providing your information to both us and the Co-Branded Partner, or we may share your information with the Co-Branded Partner. Co-Branded Partner sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Third Party Advertisers
If streaming videos displayed on our sites include Third-party Tags, the third parties that have provided the Third-party Tags also may receive information about videos you watch on our Sites and Apps, and you consent to the sharing of this information.
We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements.
Protect Our Sites and Users
We share information that is Non-Personal Information and may do so for any reason. Likewise, we may share aggregated or anonymized information (information that has had all data identifying an individual removed) with third parties, including to help us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings. This sharing of anonymized or aggregated information will not include Personal Information.
You may elect to share information about your use of the Services, e.g., the NFHS Network Service, including what you watch, within the Services as well as on social networks. If any of the Services permit leaving comments, any comments you share or other information you disclose will be generally available for anyone to view, and you should not share any information that you would not want further disclosed.
PROMOTIONS, REWARDS PROGRAMS AND OTHER PROGRAMS.
Newsletters and Promotional Emails
We may use your e-mail address or other methods to send you newsletters, as well as messages about new site features, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys and other correspondence concerning our Services. If you no longer want to receive marketing promotions from us, simply use your Account name and password to access your Account information on our Site and uncheck those items to unsubscribe or click on the unsubscribe link in our email communications. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us that is not primarily marketing, including messages relating to your Account transactions.
Rewards Programs, Contests, Etc.
Enrolling in a NFHS rewards program or contest is completely voluntary. When you enroll in a rewards program or contest, we will collect Personal Information about you that may include your name, address, email, phone number, images and/or other information. We store this information so that we can administer the program properly, process your rewards and winnings (if any), and communicate offers to you based on your interests. From time to time, we may ask you to supply other information about your household’s consumer interests. Certain information may be required in order to participate in a rewards program or contest and other information may be voluntary. If you do not wish to provide any mandatory information, you may choose not to participate in any rewards program or contest.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect and how we use and disclose it so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, your Account settings may permit you to manage your preferences. The following are some of the rights and responsibilities that you have concerning the privacy of your information.
As we noted above, you may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please remember that if your browser is set not to accept any cookies, you likely will not be able to use the NFHS Services or Sites or enjoy full functionality of the Services.
We also may personalize your experience on our sites and mobile Services by showing you advertisements from NFHS or our advertising partners that are tailored to your interests.
Information You Share.
Many of our Services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our Services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on our Site. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to deactivate your Account, we will disable your Account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may retain some information about you in order to address legal and security concerns. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our Services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our Services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting Customer Support as provided below.
Do Not Track
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity while you are using our Services. We do not collect online activity after you leave our Services.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code §1798.83, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please contact us at the address below. We will respond to you within 30 days of receiving such a request.
NFHS takes information security very seriously and uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our Services, including our Site or App and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account access information and for restricting access to your computer or device through which you access your NFHS Account. If you disclose your password to anyone or share your Account and/or devices with other people, you take full responsibility for their actions. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or device, you should log-out and deactivate the device and delete all information on the device by a process that ensures complete removal. If you fail to log out and deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your Account information.
Location of Data and Data Transfers
Our Services are solely intended for individuals located within the United States and its territories and are subject to U.S. law. If you are located outside of the United States and its territories, please do not use the Services. By utilizing the Services, you consent to the transfer of your data to the United States and its maintenance in the United States.
USE OF OUR WEB SITES BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about Site or App users who are under the age of 13. Furthermore, we do not intentionally allow Site or App users under the age of 18 (or older if the age of majority is more than 18). If you are a minor, please do not provide us any Personal Information or use the Services without receiving your parent’s or guardian’s permission. If a child under 13 submits Personal Information to NFHS and we learn that the Personal Information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us at: The NFHS Network, LLC, 2835 Brandywine Road #102, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, Attn: Legal Department
The NFHS Network, LLC
2835 Brandywine Road #102
Atlanta, Georgia 30341
Attn: Legal Department
Last Updated: June 9th, 2019